Lead clinician (ASD pathway)
Each ASD assessment has a lead clinician who is responsible for collecting the
developmental history, coordinating the multi-disciplinary team meeting, feeding back the
outcome of the assessment to the client, and writing the final report. This role is fully remote.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to collect clinical interview data from the
client and/or an informant and will interpret this information alongside observational data
collected by a colleague using the ADOS-2. For child assessments, the multi-disciplinary
team will include a third member who will contribute data from a school observation.
A hypothesis-testing approach to clinical practice is of upmost importance, along with
excellent written and verbal communication skills, reliability, and good timekeeping. As a
company one of our core values is upholding the integrity of diagnostic systems, ensuring
that the right people get the right help at the right time. This requires lead clinicians to have a
clear understanding of normal development and the psychological sequalae of life events.
You will be providing assessments for self-funded private clients and occasional individually
commissioned assessments by public bodies and other establishments.
- Case consultation and support from lead clinical psychologist
- CPD and training opportunities
- Regular, reliable and consistent work and payment
- Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Full administrative support
- Triage system for new bookings
- All assessment kit, computing tools (e.g., emails, videoconferencing, patient note
system) and other expenses provided for
Qualifications and experience
- Professional qualification as a psychologist, psychiatrist, paediatrician, nurse, speech
and language therapist or occupational therapist
- Registration with the HCPC, GMC or NMC
- Training in the ADI-R, or familiarity with collecting a developmental history as part of
- Experience in working on diagnostic assessment pathways
- Laptop and reliable and fast internet access