Mental Health Consultation
Are you worried about your or your child’s behaviour or mental health and not quite sure what help you need? Have you been told that you must wait several months to see a psychologist to find out what the problem is?
We can meet with you for around two hours and complete a psychological assessment of your development, behaviour and mental health.
The outcome of this is a formulation or ‘story’ of what we think is causing you distress based on our knowledge of psychological theory and different conditions, and recommendations for what we think will help.
For some people, just understanding themselves better is therapeutic; but for others further assessment or therapy is useful. Either way, you will be able to move forward in terms of accessing more appropriate help and support.
The fee for a psychology consultation is £750. This includes a report and advice.
- Assessment completed by a multi-disciplinary team
- Use of gold standard tools like the ADOS-2 and ADI-R
- In line with best practice guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Practice of each clinician is regulated by an independent body
- Understand the many ways autism can present