We plan to reopen the Shrewsbury clinic for routine appointments at the beginning of June. For us to be able to do this safely, we have put several measures in place to mitigate the risk of infection from COVID-19.
The following information has been shared with our clients. We kindly request that this guidance is followed at all times.
1. Appointments must be cancelled by telephone or email if you or members of your household are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to someone who is. Your appointment will be rescheduled to a time when it is safe to see you.
2. A maximum of three people, including the clinician, to be present for the appointment. You may attend with your child or with a partner, for example.
3. For clinic appointments, please stay in your car until the time of the appointment. If you are early, phone the office and we will check it is safe for you to enter the building. We have staggered appointments to reduce the number of people in the building at one time.
4. On entering the building, use the hand washing and/or sanitising facilities. You will then be taken to one of our large and well-ventilated clinic rooms.
5. Where the purpose of the appointment is to complete a clinical interview, a two-meter distance will be maintained between the client and the clinician.
6. This will not be possible for ADOS-2 assessments that require close interaction between parties. We will also not be wearing PPE for this assessment as it will invalidate our observations – we are assessing communication skills and a mask, for example, will prevent us from doing this. It is of upmost importance that good hygiene practices are followed for these appointments.